Tuesday, August 16, 2016

How hard is it .... Really?

Authors Bio's.
I see them all the time. They litter the backs or insides of some of my most favorite books. I see them on author websites, Amazon author pages, Facebook author pages. The examples of what they are, and how they should be are everywhere! Why is this so hard for me?

I find it kind of hard to talk about myself in the third person. I also find it kind of odd to say what I enjoy, and what I do when I am not writing.

How appropriate can it be to say ...
Diane M. Chattaway is an aspiring, independent writer, based out of North Carolina, where she lives with her husband and their three children. She leads an eclectic life style, which has paved the way towards and through various paths of life.

Diane has spent the past two years bent over books, desperately honing her memorization skills while being primed and polished as a "Scripture Educator In Training." She forges into this year with high hopes, during her continued education in both Prophecy and Catastrophism .

When Diane isn't plotting disaster with the corral of people held captive in her mind, you can find her lounging on the sofa in her favorite sleep-pants, devouring a can of Pringles while binge-watching "The Young And Hungry." Or, standing by a nearby window, suspiciously spying on neighbors, like she is living her own-real-life episode, straight from the movie "The Burbs."

Her hobbies include - Scaring small children, dabbling in photography, candle making, cooking, a love that she turned into occasionally catering small parties, she also enjoys creating short films with her girls, dancing around mindlessly while singing at the top of her lungs, and using apples to bribe small horses, as well as shy goats, to come a little closer, where she spends most of her time working as a Farmhand.

While life is disruptive, and forever changing, her dream stands constant. To write a story, that someone, out there, will enjoy.



I am sitting here, staring at my computer, wondering - what on earth do people really want to read in an Authors Bio. All that I wrote up top, is in fact true, but lackluster in a professional standard. Do people even care? Do Author Bio's help you determine if you will read a certain book? Can anyone answer that?

I am at a loss here ...
Reach me Here at my Facebook Author page.
If you want to keep up with me personally - Click here


No comments:

Post a Comment